Welcome to the Wyoming Frontier Prison.
This building is a historic site. While historic sites and haunted attractions are fun, they can pose dangers to visitors. The Wyoming Frontier Prison requires every visitor to this property (including staff and volunteers) to sign this release.
Your support is essential to save this National Historic Site. Thank you!
Know All Persons By These Presents:
WHEREAS, The Wyoming Frontier Prison is the owner of the former Wyoming State Penitentiary located on 500 W. Walnut; and
WHEREAS, The Wyoming Frontier Prison are the advocates for the historic preservation of this property; and
WHEREAS, The undersigned acknowledges that the property may in fact be in unsafe condition, that the city and the historic site assume no responsibility as the condition of the property and that the city and the historic site make no representation whatsoever, as to the condition of the property.
THEREFORE, In consideration of the permission extended to the undersigned to visit and enter on or into the property and the mutual premises set forth in this release, the undersigned, intending to be legally bound to this release agree as follows:
- The undersigned does hereby remise, quitclaim, release and forever discharge, and by these presents does for the undersigned’s heirs, successions, personal representatives, executors and assigns, and the undersigned’s agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders and partners, and any person claiming under or through them hereby remise, quitclaim, release and forever discharge the city and the historic site, their successions assigns, employees, officers, boards and commissions (acting officially or otherwise), from any and all manner of action and causes of action suits, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity which the undersigned or any of them may have against the city or the historic site, assigns, employees, officers, boards, or commissions, relating in any way whatsoever to any and all visits by the undersigned, its agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders and or partners to in and/or on the property.
- The undersigned, being duly aware of the potential risks and hazards inherent in visiting or entering on or into the property and event, hereby elects voluntarily to visit and/or enter on or into the property knowing that the condition of the property may be hazardous. The undersigned hereby assumes all risks of loss, damage, or injury, including death that may be sustained by the undersigned while in or about the property.
- The undersigned, hereby acknowledges that the undersigned is over 12 years of age and has read the foregoing release, understands it and signs it voluntarily.
- The undersigned assumes all risk of bodily harm as well as damage to or loss of property, incidental to attending this haunted attraction, whether occurring before, during or after the event. Any violation of law or any other inappropriate behavior by the undersigned during the event may result in revocation of the ticket and the undersigned being removed from the venue with no refund of the purchase price or any associated charges. This event employs strobe lighting, fog machines, startling noises and props and other special effects designed to startle and disorient visitors.
- The undersigned hereby grants the historic site the unrestricted right and license to use his or her likenesses as included in any broadcast, telecast, internet or other online transmission or photograph taken in connection with the event.